Golden Milk or Turmeric Latte- A drink that improves immunity, makes your skin even more beautiful and tastes so good. Read everything about it here.
Finally, winter is here, from the million things that I love doing in winters, one of my favourites is drinking this infusion every night before I snuggle up in my blanket!
Key ingredients for preparing Golden Drink:
- Organic Turmeric (Fresh or organic powder)
How to Prepare Golden Drink:
- Take 1 glass (approx 200-300 ml) of milk.
- Peel and chop 1 inch of fresh turmeric, in case you are using powder take 1 heap full (Order Organic Turmeric here)
- Start heating the milk on low flame (the lower the better, we want to make sure that we extract all the goodness of the ingredients)
- Add turmeric, 3-4 strands of Saffron (You can order it here) 1 pod of cardamom (make sure that the pod is open and seeds are mixed properly), 2-3 almonds either grated or whole.
- Let it simmer on low flame for about 10 minutes till the milk turns yellow.
- Remove it from the flame, let it cool down a bit.
- Drink while it is still lukewarm.
You can add sugar/cashew nuts/raisins/honey, etc if you want to this Golden Drink a.k.a Magic Potion!
Golden Drink has numerous health benefits. For instance, turmeric acts as anti-microbial and cleanses the blood. While Saffron is rich in anti-oxidant. Other than this Saffron has also proven some medicinal properties in anti-ageing. My mum swears by it and says it helps her to sleep better, a friend of mine noticed that it helped in clearing her complexion, for me, it helps me in keeping cold and cough at bay, I notice that my skin texture improves and this drink works like magic in easing menstrual cramps.
To sum up the benefits of Golden Drink:
- Improves skin texture and makes your skin glow!
- Improves immunity
- Eases menstrual cramps and pain
- Purifies blood
- Helps in sleeping like a baby (that’s what my mum claims!)
Last but not least, do not expect an overnight miracle, natural remedies take time, so be patient!
Word of caution:
Here are a few side effects and risk factors associated with turmeric milk, which when ignored can cause problems:
- Check for allergies before you consume Golden Milk or Turmeric Milk.
- Don’t go overboard with this Golden drink.
- Pregnant women should avoid taking too much of turmeric.
- Turmeric may interfere with certain medications, so those taking anticoagulants like aspirin should totally avoid it. They can also interact with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Consult your physician before you start drinking turmeric milk.
You can read more such tips here.