The creamy fruit – affectionately referred to as ‘Nature’s Butter’ or “Butter Fruit” is an excellent source of more than twenty vitamins and minerals! In this post learn about the beauty benefits of Avocados for Skin, Hair & More.
The nutrient dense and creamy fruit – affectionately referred to as ‘nature’s butter’ is an excellent source of over twenty vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B, C, E and K, riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, lutein, beta-carotene, omega-3 fatty acids and anti-ageing antioxidants! This fruit is much more than Shake and Guacamole!
Avocados for Skin
Avocados are very high in healthy fat, vitamin and antioxidant content, using them as a face mask makes the skin looking softer and younger. You can create a simple – yet very effective – mask by mashing up some avocados and applying straight onto the skin after cleansing but for an even more enriched mask here are some easy and quick recipes!
Few recipes to try out Avocados for Skin:
- Avocado, Tomato Juice Mask for Pigmentation: You can also mix together tomatoes and avocado to lighten pigmentation on face. Mix half of a ripe avocado and half of a ripe tomato by putting them in a blender. Apply it on to the face and then let it dry out naturally. Wash off. This is a great anti pigmentation face mask for those with oily skin. The acidity in tomato also helps to balance out the richness of avocado.
- Avocados, Honey & Yogurt for dehydrated skin- Mash up avocado (half of one is more than sufficient) and add to a bowl with some natural yogurt and honey. Mix well and apply to the skin after cleansing. Relax and leave on for approximately 15-20 minutes (or until hardened) before rinsing off with water to reveal a nourished and softer complexion. Repeat it weekly for best results.
- Avocado and Sugar Scrub– Mash avocado, add 1 cup of sugar (preferably brown sugar) and ¼ cup Olive Oil. Mix them up well with a whisk then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take a suitable amount in a bowl to the shower with you. Wet your body in the shower then give your skin a good scrub. When rinsing it off, don’t try to scrub off the oily residue that remains! This scrub will not only leave your skin as soft as baby’s butt.
- Exfoliating Avocado Mask: Mash up ½ a ripe avocado till smooth. Add 1 tbsp ground oatmeal. Mix well then scrub onto your face for 2 minutes. Admire how wonderful your skin looks and feels! You can try this 1-3 times a week.
Avocados for Hair
Did you know avocado can help your hair grow long-er and strong-er? If you didn’t, now you do! With vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, vitamin A, B6, D, and E, avocado has the ability to deeply nourish the hair follicle and the scalp. The super-food can work to unclog hair follicles. It also stimulates the scalp, giving some of those dormant follicles a chance at new growth.
Recipes to try out Avocados for Hair:
- Avocado, Onion Juice and Honey to treat Hair Loss: Mash one avocado in a bowl, add juice of 1 onion and two teaspoons of natural honey. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Apply the mask onto the scalp, working it down to coat the ends of your hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse off. Shampoo as usual. This mask is very helpful in treating hair loss.
- Avocado, Honey, Argan oil and Tea tree oil Mask for growth : Mash one ripe avocado in a bowl, add 10 drops of argan oil, two teaspoons of natural honey and two drops of tea tree oil. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and creamy. Apply the mask onto the scalp, then massage gently using your fingertips, working it down to coat the ends of your hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse off. Shampoo as usual. This mask helps in hydrating the hair as well as helps in promoting growth.
- Avocado, Banana, Honey and Olive oil Mask for dandruff and Hair Loss- One way to put shine and life back into your hair is with a regular avocado hair mask. Adding banana to your hair mask will offer extra shine and essential oils. Mash one ripe banana and a ripe avocado together in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of an essential oil (optional though) of your choice and mix well. Apply the mixture to your hair and cover with a shower cap for 20 minutes. Rinse then shampoo and condition as usual.
Love Natural/Home remedies? Learn more skin/haircatre tips and remedies here!